[Turkmath:4404] 9 March, special seminar at IMBM for a special occasion

Ozlem Beyarslan ozlem.beyarslan at boun.edu.tr
Tue Mar 3 10:45:33 UTC 2020

Dear All,

There will be a seminar at  IMBM on the Occasion of Prof. Betul Tanbay’s
60th Birthday  ̈by   Georges Skandalis (Paris VII, Institut de
Mathematiques de Jussieu).

Title: Traces and Determinants on noncommutative algebras and countable
groups

Abstract: Elek and Szabo established Luck’s deteminant conjecture for
(Gromov’s) soc groups.We will present a work in collaboration with G. Balcı
in which we give an equivalent definition of soc groups and a slightly
different proof of this conjecture in terms of traces on the free group
algebra. Most of the talk will be spent on explaining andillustrating the
very natural notions of traces, determinants, soc groups...