[Turkmath:4661] Seminar on November 6, 2020 via Google Meet

Mehmet Akif Erdal mehmet.erdal at yeditepe.edu.tr
Thu Nov 5 10:54:11 UTC 2020

 Dear list members,

You are most cordially invited to the seminar organized by the Department
of Mathematics, Yeditepe University.
Speaker: Atabey Kaygun  (İstanbul Technical University)

Title: Generalized Weyl Algebras, Birational Equivalences and
Gelfand-Kirillov Conjecture

Abstract: Rank 1 generalized Weyl algebras (GWAs) form an interesting class
of algebras that include (quantum) enveloping algebra of sl(2) and some
interesting quantum groups of rank 1 and 2. In this talk I will define GWAs
and then explain how these examples fit into the framework of GWAs.
Birational equivalence, on the other hand, is a tool (commutative)
algebraic geometers use quite extensively. Interestingly, GWAs are
birationally equivalent to a smash product with a torus of rank-1. Time
permitting, I will talk about how all of these relate to Gelfand-Kirillov
conjecture.