[Turkmath:4936] Yeditepe Matematik Bölümü 25. Yıl Seminerleri, 11 Haziran 2021 / Yeditepe Mathematics Department 25th Year Seminars, June 11, 2021

Mehmet Akif Erdal mehmet.erdal at yeditepe.edu.tr
Thu Jun 10 09:51:36 UTC 2021

 Değerli liste üyeleri,

Yeditepe Matematik Bölümü 25. Yıl Seminerleri kapsamında bu hafta yapılacak
olan seminerin detayları aşağıdaki gibi olup tüm ilgilenenler davetlidir.

Konuşmacı: Ayhan Günaydın (Boğaziçi Üniversitesi)

Başlık: Model Theory of Beatty Sequences

Özet: The Beatty Sequence generated by an irrational r>1 is ([nr] : n>0),
where [c] denotes the integer part of a real number c. A well-known
property of this sequence is that "any pattern that appears once has to
appear infinitely many times; moreover we may determine when a pattern
appears next time with a small error". After explaining what this means, we
will present the proof of a strengthening of it. Our proof depends on the
model theoretic study of the sequence and all the necessary background will
be overviewed. (This is a joint work with Melissa Özsahakyan.)

You are most cordially invited to Yeditepe Mathematics Department 25th Year
Seminars organized by the Department of Mathematics. The details of this
week's talk are as follows.

Speaker: Ayhan Günaydın (Boğaziçi University)

Title: Model Theory of Beatty Sequences

Abstract: The Beatty Sequence generated by an irrational r>1 is ([nr] :