[Turkmath:5364] Fwd: Fw: IMBM Algebra Seminars

Olcay Coşkun olcay.coskun at boun.edu.tr
Mon Jan 10 07:21:59 UTC 2022

----- Forwarded Message -----
*From:* Mehmet Arslan <mehmet_arsln at yahoo.com>
*To:* turkmath at listweb.bilkent.edu.tr <turkmath at listweb.bilkent.edu.tr>
*Sent:* Thursday, January 6, 2022, 10:41:11 AM GMT+3
*Subject:* IMBM Algebra Seminars

Dear all,

we would like to announce that DAVID PIERCE (MSGSU) will be our next
speaker for "IMBM Algebra Seminars".

TITLE: Theories of Action

ABSTRACT: As an illustration of some model-theoretic concepts, we consider
a complete (logical) theory of mathematical actions. It is the so-called
model-completion of the theory of actions, and the model-companion of the
theory of group actions, while not itself being a theory of group actions.
It shares certain properties with the theory of algebraically closed fields
with distinguished generic multiplicative subgroup. Meanwhile, we do not
forget mathematics itself as an (ethical) action.

DATE: Monday, January 10, 2022, 14.00

ZOOM LINK: https://boun-edu-tr.zoom.us/j/96913066262

Regards,
Mehmet Arslan