[Turkmath:5405] Starting the new semester of FGC-IPM-HRI Number Theory webinars with Gonzalez-Aviles' talk

kazimilhan.ikeda kazimilhan.ikeda at boun.edu.tr
Thu Jan 27 09:27:17 UTC 2022

Dear all,

We would like to announce that the new semester of the "FGC-IPM-HRI
Number
Theory Webinars" will start on February 1, 2022.

We are honored to have Professor C. D. GONZALEZ-AVILES (UNIVERSIDAD DE
LA
SERENA, CHILE) as our first speaker of the new semester:

TITLE:  "Totally singular algebraic groups"

ABSTRACT: "I will define the groups of the title and discuss some
examples.
When they are of positive dimension, these groups exist only over an
imperfect
field. We will see examples in dimension 1 related to the purely
inseparable
forms of the additive group studied by Russell in 1970. We will also see
some
examples of arbitrarily high dimensions. I hope to convince the audience
that
this class of algebraic groups is both interesting and quite large!"

DATE AND TIME: Tuesday February 1, 2022, 16:00 ISTANBUL TIME/16:30
TEHRAN TIME.

Zoom link:
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/9086116889pwd=WGRFOGZWZ1FOMXJrcWpJMWFqUFIvQT09
[1]

Meeting ID: 908 611 6889

Passcode: 362880

The corresponding iCalendar (.ics) file is also attached.

We hope to see you all.

P.S.  We'll try that "all" talks of this semester will be  held at 16:00
Istanbul/
16:30 Tehran time; although priority on time is completely based on the
convenience
of the invited seminar speakers.

Semih Ozlem (FGC),
Abbas Maarefparvar (IPM),
Aprameyo Pal (HRI),
Coordinators of
FGC-IPM-HRI Joint Number Theory Seminars