[Turkmath:5615] IMBM Seminar Series[May 13-Friday] Ramesh Sreekantan (Indian Stat. Institute-Bangalore)::Algebraic cycles and values of Green's functions

kazimilhan.ikeda kazimilhan.ikeda at boun.edu.tr
Mon May 9 20:34:38 UTC 2022

IMBM Seminar Series on May 13 Friday 2022

Algebraic Cycles and Values of Green's functions

Speaker: Ramesh SREEKANTAN (Indian Statistical Insitute-Bangalore)

Abstract -
We construct motivic cycles in the universal Abelian surface over a
modular curve or Shimura curve. We then show how they can be used to
prove that values of certain higher Green's functions are logarithms
of algebraic numbers. Gross-Kohnen-Zagier had made a conjecture about
algebraicity of values of these functions and we show how our results
fit into their conjecture.

Seminar 1 (May 13, 2022 at 10:00-11:00):
In the first talk we will introduce the background and describe the
construction of the motivic cycles. The construction uses some
classical results of Humbert which were generalised by Birkenhake and
Wilhelm, as well as some results from enumerative geometry.

Seminar 2 (May 13, 2022 at 11:30-12:30):
In the second talk we will explain the link with the conjecture of
Gross, Kohnen and Zagier and the recent work of Brunier-Ehlen-Yang on
this conjecture.