[Turkmath:5827] Minimal varieties in higher dimensional spheres - Differential Geometry Seminar - Nov 11, 16:00 (IST)

Mustafa Kalafat kalafg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 12:29:16 UTC 2022

Dear Geometry Fans,

We continue with the classical, groundbreaking paper
of the billionaire James Simons in the geometry seminar

Below is the advertisement for today's talk.

stay healthy, best wishes !

m. kalafat

Minimal varieties in higher dimensional spheres

In this learning seminar series, we will give an introduction to
minimal submanifolds of the higher dimensional spheres. In particular
we give estimates on the index of the Jacobi operator. Talk about
applications on the Plateau's problem and Bernstein conjecture.

The topic of this week is:

    "Mean curvature and minimal varieties."

We will be following the classical beautiful paper.