[Turkmath:5843] FGC-HRI-IPM Number Theory Seminars::Amir Akbary[Lethbridge][Nov 21, 2022 at 16:00]

Özlem Ejder ozlemejderff at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:59:19 UTC 2022

Dear all,

Amir Akbary (University of Lethbridge) is our speaker in the FGC-HRI-IPM
Number Theory Seminar this upcoming week.

*Date and Time: *Monday November 21, 16:00 Istanbul time; 16:30 Tehran
time; 18:30 Allahabad

*Title:* Value-distribution of automorphic L-functions

*Abstract:* After a brief introduction on the value-distribution of
arithmetic functions and L-functions, we give an overview of our joint work
with Alia Hamieh (University of Northern British Colombia) on the
value-distribution of logarithmic derivative of certain automorphic
L-functions. Among other things, we describe an upper bound for the
discrepancy of the distribution of the values (at a point on the edge of
the critical strip) of the twists of a fixed automorphic L-function with
quadratic Dirichlet characters. Our result can be considered as an
automorphic analogue of a result of Lamzouri, Lester, and Radziwill for the
logarithm of the Riemann zeta function. Our estimate is conditional on
certain expected bounds on the local parameters of L-functions which is
known to be true for GL(1) and GL(2).

*Zoom Meeting ID: *856 1386 0958
*Passcode: *513 992

*ICS-File: *https://researchseminars.org/seminar/FGC-IPM/ics