[Turkmath:6062] ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry Seminar-Zoom-527

Ali Sinan Sertöz sertoz at bilkent.edu.tr
Mon Apr 10 10:20:11 UTC 2023

*Welcome to the 2023 Spring talks of ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry
Seminars**
*
/since 2000/
**=================================================================**

This week the ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry Seminar
<http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~sertoz/agseminar.htm>  is *online*

/This talk will begin at _*15:40*__ (GMT+3)_/
Please check your time difference between Ankara and your city here
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=ODT%C3%9C-Bilkent+Algebraic+Geometry+Seminar&iso=20230414T1540&p1=19>
*=================================================================*
**
/Edouard Leon Cortes (1882-1969)
/

**Speaker:Craig van Coevering
<https://math.boun.edu.tr/tr/craig-van-coevering>
****Affiliation: /Boğaziçi/****
Title:Extremal Kähler metrics and the moment map

**
**Abstract:**
An extremal Kähler metric is a canonical Kähler metric, introduced by E.
Calabi, which is somewhat more general than a constant scalar curvature
Kähler metric. The existence of such a metric is an ongoing research
subject and expected to be equivalent to some form of geometric
stability of the underlying polarized complex manifold (M,J,[ω])  –the
Yau-Tian-Donaldson conjecture. Thus it is no surprise that there is a
moment map, the scalar curvature (A. Fujiki, S. Donaldson), and the
problem can be described as an infinite dimensional version of the
familiar finite dimensional G.I.T.

I will describe how the moment map can be used to describe the local
space of extremal metrics on a symplectic manifold. Essentially, the
local picture can be reduced to finite dimensional G.I.T. In particular,
we can construct a course moduli space of extremal Kähler metrics with a
fixed polarization [ω]∈H2(M,R), which is an Hausdorff complex analytic space