[Turkmath:5954] FGC-Higher Structures Seminars::David Roberts [Adelaide][Jan. 31, 2023 at 10:00 AM-Istanbul time]

kazimilhan.ikeda kazimilhan.ikeda at boun.edu.tr
Fri Jan 27 08:07:04 UTC 2023

Dear friends,

On January 31, 2023 at 10:00 AM (Istanbul local time) David Roberts from
the University of
Adelaide will be the speaker of the Seminar Series of the FGC-Higher
Structures Research Group.

The details of the seminar talk are as follows(ATTENTION: Note the
seminar time!):

Speaker: David Roberts (University of Adelaide)

Date, time and location: January 31, 2023 at 10:00 AM (Istanbul time) on
Zoom.

Title: Low-dimensional higher geometry: a case study

Abstract:
Considerations from several different areas of mathematics have prompted
the development of so- called higher geometry: the study of categorified
analogues of geometric structures. Despite being studied for nearly two
decades, few examples that capture non-abelian phenomena have been
constructed. And here by "constructed", we mean to the level that would
satisfy traditional differential geometers, as opposed to the kind of
construction that category theorists are comfortable with.
To this end, I will describe a new framework to work with bundle
2-gerbes, which from a higher- category point of view are certain types
of truncated descent data for $\infty$-stacks on a manifold. The
description is sufficient to undertake concrete computations more
satisfying to traditional differential geometers and mathematical
physicists. I also describe explicit geometric examples that can be
constructed using our framework, including infinite families of explicit
geometric string structures.

Zoom link details[NOTE THE SEMINAR TIME! IT IS AT 10:00AM ISTANBUL
TIME]:

Kazim Ilhan Ikeda is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: David Roberts' Seminar [January 31, 2023 at 10:00 AM Istanbul
local time]
Time: Zoom link will be active at 09:50 AM Istanbul local time

Join Zoom Meeting
https://boun-edu-tr.zoom.us/j/97293385596?pwd=YWNNV3Axa3VlZDh2ckR3d0VrSitQZz09

Meeting ID: 972 9338 5596
Passcode: 087760
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,97293385596#,,,,*087760# US (San Jose)
+16892781000,,97293385596#,,,,*087760# US

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 689 278 1000 US
+1 719 359 4580 US