[Turkmath:6004] Olivia Caramello is the speaker of FGC-Higher Structures Seminars on March 14, 2023 at 17:00

kazimilhan.ikeda kazimilhan.ikeda at boun.edu.tr
Fri Mar 10 09:46:27 UTC 2023

Dear friends,

This coming week our speaker is Olivia Caramello, who is the Gelfand
Chair of IHES.
The details of her talk are as follows:

Speaker: Olivia Caramello (Gelfand Chair, IHES)
Date March 14, 2023, Tuesday at 17:00 Istanbul local time; 15:00 Paris
local time
Title: Grothendieck toposes as unifying 'bridges' in Mathematics

Abstract:
I will explain the sense in which Grothendieck toposes can act as
unifying 'bridges' for relating different mathematical theories to each
other and studying them from a multiplicity of points of view. I shall
first
present the general techniques underpinning this theory and then discuss
number of selected applications in different mathematical fields.

Zoom link details: TBA.

Best Regards,
K. Ilhan Ikeda