[Turkmath:6222] ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry Seminar-Zoom-533

Ali Sinan Sertöz sertoz at bilkent.edu.tr
Mon Oct 23 14:33:44 UTC 2023

*Welcome to the 2023 Fall talks of ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry
Seminars**
*
/since 2000/
**=================================================================**

This week the ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry Seminar
<http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~sertoz/agseminar.htm>  is *online*

/This talk will begin at _*15:40*__ (GMT+3)_/
Please check your time difference between Ankara and your city here
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=ODT%C3%9C-Bilkent+Algebraic+Geometry+Seminar&iso=20231027T1540&p1=19&ah=1>
*=================================================================*
*
*/Johannes Vermeer (1632-1675)
The Houses (1658)/
**Speaker:İzzet Coşkun <http://homepages.math.uic.edu/~coskun/>
****Affiliation: /UIC/****
Title:Dense orbits of the PGL(n)-action on products of flag varieties**
**
**
**Abstract:**
It is a classical and very useful fact that any n+2 linearly general
points in P^n are projectively equivalent. In this talk, I will consider
generalizations of this statement to higher dimensional linear spaces.
The group PGL(n) acts on products of Grassmannians or more generally
flag varieties. I will discuss cases when this action has a dense orbit.
This talk is based on joint work with Demir Eken, Abuzer Gündüz, Majid
Hadian, Chris Yun and Dmitry Zakharov.