[Turkmath:6581] Bogazici Matematik Carsamba Seminerleri - ilan ekte

ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr
18 Eyl 2009 Cum 11:50:55 EEST

BOGAZICI UNIVERSITY MATHEMATICS COLLLOQUIUM

Konuşmalar İngilizce yapılmaktadır.

Hepinize başarılı bir dönem dileriz.

Transcendence

Piotr Kowalski
University of Wroclaw, Poland

Date	  : Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Time	  :	14:00
Place  :	TB 250, Boğaziçi Üniversitesi

Abstract: I will start with Schanuel's Conjecture. It basically says that the
complex exponentiation should transform the linear independence into the
algebraic one. Then I will state different versions of Ax's Theorem. It is a
statement similar to Schanuel's Conjecture but the role of the field of complex
numbers is played by a function field. Time permitting, I will discuss the
situation in the positive characteristic case.

Tea and coffee will be served at 15:00