[Turkmath:7389] Koc Universitesi Matematik Semineri

Kazim Buyukboduk kbuyukboduk at ku.edu.tr
22 Ara 2010 Çar 10:49:07 EET

MATHEMATICS SEMINAR

Date     : 23rd December, Thursday*

Time    : 16:00

Place   : SCI Z42, Science Building, Koc University

*Note the unusual day

Sefa Feza Arslan

MSGSÜ

Matematik Bölümü

“Monomial curve families supporting Rossi’s conjecture”

Rossi's conjecture saying that every Gorenstein local ring has non-decreasing

Hilbert function is not solved even for monomial curves. In [1], we show that

the Hilbert function is non-decreasing for local Gorenstein rings with embedding

dimension four associated to monomial curves, under some arithmetic assump-

tions on the generators of their de¯ning ideals in the non-complete intersection

case. In [2], by using the technique of nice gluing, we give in¯nitely many fam-

ilies of 1-dimensional local rings associated to complete intersection monomial

curves with non-decreasing Hilbert functions. In this talk, I summarize these

results and present new families of 1-dimensional local rings associated to com-

plete intersection monomial curves given with free parameters and obtained by

using not nice gluing [3].