[Turkmath:7240] [FGE-Duyuru] Noncommutative Principal Fiber Bundles, 14 - 19 October 2010, Christian Kassel, IMBM

Kursat Aker aker at gursey.gov.tr
7 Eki 2010 Per 13:32:50 EEST

  TÜBI.TAK Feza Gürsey Enstitütüsü  Yerles,ke d?s,? Etkinlikleri
Program? çerçevesinde düzenlenen

I M B M istanbul center for mathematical sciences

Noncommutative Principal Fiber Bundles

Christian Kassel

Universit´e de Strasbourg and
CNRS Institut de Recherche Math´ematique Avanc´ee
*
*
14 - 19 October 2010

duyurusudur.

I M B M istanbul center for mathematical sciences

Noncommutative Principal Fiber Bundles

Christian Kassel

Universit´e de Strasbourg and
CNRS Institut de Recherche Math´ematique Avanc´ee

Abstract

I'll first recall the basic dictionary of noncommutative geometry
between spaces and
algebras and between groups and Hopf algebras. Then I will introduce
noncommutative
principal fiber bundles, which are noncommutative (or quantum) analogues
of principal fiber bundles where the role of the structural group is
played by a Hopf
algebra rather than by a group. There are many examples of such bundles
in quantum
group theory. Nicely enough, they have a simple algebraic definition. I
will give
examples of these objects, list some of their properties, and show how
to construct
an important class of them. I will close the lectures by demonstrating
how any Hopf
algebra (or quantum group) fibers naturally over an algebraic variety.
This means
that there is classical geometry behind any Hopf algebra. No previous
knowledge
of quantum groups or Hopf algebras will be assumed. All concepts I will
introduce
will be illustrated with simple examples.

Lecture 1: Thursday October 14 10:00
Lecture 2: Friday October 15 10:00
Lecture 3: Monday October 18 10:00
Lecture 4: Tuesday October 19 10:00

All talks will be held at IMBM Seminar Room, Bog(aziçi University.

This workshop is sponsored by TÜBI.TAK I.S,BAP Project no: 107T897.