[Turkmath:8677] Galatasaray Üniversitesi Matematik Semineri 12 Aralık İrem Portakal (Galatasaray)

Susumu Tanabe tanabesusumu at hotmail.com
7 Ara 2012 Cum 11:55:12 EET

Değerli Liste Üyeleri;
 Galatasaray Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü Seminerleri kapsamında 12 Aralık (çarşamba günü) İrem Portakal (Galatasaray Üniversitesi) konuşmacı olacaktır. Konuşma ile ilgili detaylı bilgi aşağıdadır:
   Saygılarımla;
     Susumu Tanabé

Date/ tarih:  12 Aralık (çarşamba) 15:00
Place /yer: Galatasaray Üniversitesi FEF 10.
Speaker /konuşmacı: İrem Portakal
Title/ başlık: Quivers, polytopes and toric varieties
Abstract/ özet : A quiver is simply an oriented graph without oriented cycles. They are frequently used to represent some of the important results in many areas of mathematics. It has shown that every quiver leads to a reflexive polytope the one we call a flow polytope. I will present a method to determine a finite list of quivers defining all d dimensional flow polytopes up to isomorphism. Also, I will describe how we can associate these purely combinatorial objects to toric varieties. One can ask if we can "understand" toric varieties by looking at its associated quiver. It still remains as an open question if one can find a criterion for smoothness of associated toric variety in terms of quiver.