[Turkmath:8166] SU General Seminar, Koray Karabina, 21.02.2012

Alp Bassa bassa at sabanciuniv.edu
14 Şub 2012 Sal 18:25:16 EET

*Sabanci University General Seminar*

*

*Speaker:* Koray Karabina (University of Waterloo)

*Date/Time:* 21 February 2012, Tuesday, 16:00

*Place:* Sabanci University, FENS L047

*Title:* *EFFICIENT ARITHMETIC AND COMPACT REPRESENTATIONS IN FINITE FIELDS*

*Abstract:* The efficiency of many cryptographic protocols relies on fast
arithmetic and compact representation in the underlying group. I will
present my recent work on obtaining compressed representations for finite
field elements and speeding up certain finite field operations. I will compare
these techniques with the previously-known methods, discuss some
applications to pairing-based cryptography, and conclude by stating some
open problems and directions for future research.

Tea, coffee and cookies will be served in FENS L047 from 15:30.

For information on how to reach Sabanci University, please see

http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/eng/?kampus_hayati/hizmet_ve_olanaklar/ulasim.html