[Turkmath:8195] MSGSÜ General Seminar, by Kazım Büyükboduk, Friday; 16pm

Safak Ozden bildiginessek at gmail.com
27 Şub 2012 Pzt 14:06:29 EET

Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University

Department of Mathematics

*General * *Seminar*

*Kazım Büyükboduk*

*(Koç University)*

*Deformations of Kolyvagin Systems**
*

Abstract: Mazur's theory of Galois deformations, inspired by Hida's earlier
work on families of modular forms, has led to the resolution of many
important problems in Number Theory: Wiles and Taylor/Wiles proved
Taniyama-Shimura conjecture (to conclude with the proof of FLT),
Buzzard/Taylor and Taylor used it to prove many cases of strong
Artin conjecture as part Langlands programme. In this talk, I will first
give a general outline of Mazur's abstract theory and explain how it is
used to attack concrete arithmetic
problems. At the end, I will talk about a recent result that Kolyvagin
systems (which Mazur and Rubin prove to exist for mod p Galois
representations) do often deform to a big Kolyvagin system for the
"Universal Galois deformation" representation. I will touch upon important
applications of this result in arithmetic.

*Place :*  MSGSÜ Faculty of Science and Arts (Bomonti)

*Date   :*   March 2nd,  2012 Friday, 16:00

Google map directions<http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Osmanbey+Metro+Dura%C4%9F%C4%B1,+Istanbul,+T%C3%BCrkiye&daddr=Silah%C5%9F%C3%B6r+Cd&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=41.054648,28.983843&sspn=0.0111,0.022724&geocode=FedkcgIdC1G6ASEannS9gJWiuA%3BFU5_cgIdCDC6AQ&oq=tarihi+bira&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=16&t=m&z=16>to
MSGSU from Osmanbey Subway station.