[Turkmath:8364] Seminer Ilani

Ergun Yalcin yalcine at fen.bilkent.edu.tr
3 Mayıs 2012 Per 17:26:38 EEST

Sayin Liste uyeleri,
6-19 Mayis tarihleri arasinda McMaster Universitesinden
Ian Hambleton Bilkent Universitesinde ziyaretci olarak
bulunacaktir. Bu ziyaret sirasinda 9 Mayis Carsamba
gunu asagida ilanini ekledigim genel semineri verecektir.
Ayrica 14 Mayis Pazartesi gunu Bilkent Algebraic Topology
seminerinde "Finite group actions on Kervaire manifolds"
adli bir seminer daha verecektir.

Butun ilgilenen matematikcileri bu konusmalara davet ediyoruz.

Saygilarimla,
Ergun Yalcin

***************************************
	BILKENT UNIVERSITY
  DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS

GENERAL SEMINAR

Speaker: Ian Hambleton (McMaster University)

Title:  Symmetry in geometric topology

Abstract: This will be a survey talk about connections
between the topology of manifolds and the structure of
their finite symmetry groups. I will describe some work
on this theme, both old and new, and present some open
problems for further research.