[Turkmath] MSGSU Seminer: Haluk Sengun, 25.12.2014 16:00 / Haydar Goral, 26.12.2014 16:00

Emrah Çakçak ecakcak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:36:10 UTC 2014

Değerli liste üyeleri,

MSGSÜ matematik bölümü genel seminerlerinde bu hafta iki konuşmacımız var:
25 Aralık Perşembe 16:00'da Haluk Şengün, 26 Aralık Cuma 16:00'da Haydar
Göral. Konuşmaların detayları aşağıda.

İyi çalışmalar,

Emrah Çakçak

Konuşmacı: Haluk Şengün (University of Sheffield)

Başlık: Modular Forms and Elliptic Curves over Number Fields

Özet: The celebrated connection between elliptic curves and weight 2
newforms over the rationals has a conjectural extension to general number
fields. For example, over odd degree totally real fields, one knows how to
associate an elliptic curve to a weight 2 newform with integer Hecke
eigenvalues. Conversely, very recent work of Freitas, Hun and Siksek show
that over totally real fields, most elliptic curves are modular (in fact,
over real quadratic fields, "all" are modular).

Beyond totally real fields, we are at a loss at associating elliptic curves
to weight 2 newforms. The best one can do is to "search" for the elliptic
curve. In joint work with X.Guitart (Essen) and M.Masdeu (Warwick), we
generalize Darmon's conjectural construction of algebraic points on
elliptic curves to general number fields and then use this conjectural
construction to analytically construct the elliptic curve starting from a
weight 2 newform over a general number field, under some hypothesis. In the
talk, I will start with a discussion of the first paragraph and then will
sketch our method.

Zaman: 25.12.2014 16:00
Yer: MSGSÜ, Bomonti Kampüsü (Harita <http://math.msgsu.edu.tr/iletisim.html>),
Matematik Bölümü Seminer Odası

Konuşmacı:  Haydar Göral (Université Lyon 1)

Başlık: Mann Property

Özet: In this talk we study the pair (K,G) where K is an algebraically
closed field and G is a multiplicative subgroup of K* with the Mann
property. The main examples of this property comes from number theory. The
reason of the naming like this is that H. Mann proved that the roots of
unity has the Mann property. The theory of the pair is axiomatised by L.
van den Dries and A. Günaydın and they prove that the pair (K,G) is stable.
We first characterize the independence in the pair and this allows us to
characterize the definable groups in (K,G).

Zaman: 26.12.2014 16:00