[Turkmath:551] DEU MATEMATİK SEMİNERİ: HATIRLATMA

cenap ozel cenap.ozel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:24:39 UTC 2015

Degerli Liste Uyeleri

Bugün 04/06/2015 persembe gunu saat 15.15 de

Dr Neset Deniz TURGAY'ın

*"Conjugation invariants in the mod-2 dual Leibniz-Hopf algebra"*

*Mod 2 dual Leibniz-Hopf Cebirinde konjugasyon değişmezleri"*

baslıklı konusmasina katilimlarinizi bekliyoruz.

Selamlar ve saygilar

Cenap ozel

Konusmaci: Deniz Turgay

"Conjugation invariants in the mod-2 dual Leibniz-Hopf algebra"

Mod 2 dual Leibniz-Hopf Cebirinde konjugasyon değişmezleri"

Abstract:

The Leibniz-Hopf algebra is the free associative algebra with one generator
in each degree and co-product given by the Cartan formula. The mod 2
Steenrod algebra naturally occurs as a quotient of this Hopf algebra by the
Adem relations.

Several years ago, motivated by its link with commutativity of ring
spectra, Martin Crossley and Sarah Whitehouse attempted to compute the
invariants under conjugation in the dual Steenrod algebra. A complete
calculation was not possible then, so we present a different approach to
this problem. In particular, we calculate the conjugation invariants in the
mod 2 dual Leibniz-Hopf algebra. Since the dual Steenrod algebra is a sub
Hopf algebra of this algebra, so the conjugation invariants in the dual
Steenrod algebra are the intersection of the Leibniz-Hopf conjugation
invariants and the dual Steenrod algebra.

We show that, like in the dual Steenrod algebra, the degree-wise dimension
of the conjugation invariants is "approximately'" half that of the whole
algebra.