[Turkmath:276] Hacettepe Matematik Seminer: Faruk Polat (Çankırı Karatekin), 4 Mart Çarşamba

Mesut Şahin mesutsahin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 09:01:37 UTC 2015

Değerli liste üyeleri,

detayları aşağıda verilen bölüm seminerimize herkesi bekliyoruz.

*--------------------------*

*Tarih (Date) :* 04.03.2015, Çarşamba (Wednesday)

*Saat (Time):* 15:00

*Yer (Place):* Yaşar ATAMAN Seminer Salonu

*Konuşmacı (Speaker):* Doç. Dr. Faruk POLAT  (Çankırı Karatekin University)

*Başlık (Title) :* On Spaces Derivable from a Solid Sequence Space and a
Non-negative Lower Triangular Matrix

*Özet (Abstract) : *The scalar field will be either the real or complex
numbers. Suppose that *λ* is a solid sequence space over the scalar field
and A is an infinite lower triangular matrix with non-negative entries and
positive entries on the main diagonal such that each of its columns is in
*λ*. For each positive integer k,  the kth predecessor of *λ* with respect
to A is the solid vector space of scalar sequences x such that Ak |x| is an
element of *λ*. We denote this space by *Λk* and *λ* itself will be denoted
by *Λ0*. Under reasonable assumptions, these spaces inherit some
topological properties from *λ*. We are interested in a projective limit of
the infinite product of the  *Λk* consisting of sequences of sequences  (x
(k)) satisfying  A x(k) =x(k-1) for each k>0. We show that for interesting
classes of situations including the cases when *λ* =lp for some p>1 and A
is the Cesaro matrix, the space of our interest can be non-trivial.

NOT: Konuşma sonunda çay ve pasta ikramı olacaktır.

(P.S.  Tea and cookies will be served after the talk.)

  Mesut Sahin
  Associate Professor
  Department of Mathematics
  Hacettepe University