[Turkmath:932] Talk by Thomas Mueller at SU

Canan Kasikci (Alumni) canank at sabanciuniv.edu
Mon Jan 4 11:56:46 UTC 2016

Degerli liste uyeleri,

Thomas Mueller (Queen Mary University of London) 6 Ocak Carsamba gunu Sabanci
Universitesi'nde bir konusma yapacaktir. Asagida detaylarini bulacaginiz bu
etkinlige katiliminiz bizi mutlu edecektir.

iyi gunler dilegiyle

canan kasikci

Ulasim icin:
http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/en/transportation/shuttle-hours

*.......................................*

*Title: *Explicit coefficient asymptotics, asymptotic representation theory,
universal groups for free R-tree actions, congruences for
combinatorial sequences,
and more..

*Date/Time/Place: 6 January, 14:30 - 16:30, FENS 2008*

*Abstract: * I survey five of my mathematical projects ranging in time from
the early 1990’s to the present (and future).
The subject matters are taken from
(i) Complex Analysis (coefficient asymptotics for entire functions of
finite genus),
(ii) Representation Theory (asymptotic estimates for character values,
multiplicities
etc related to symmetric groups),
(iii) Geometric Group Theory (universal groups for free R-tree actions),
(iv) Enumerative Combinatorics (a method for generating congruences modulo
prime powers for combinatorial sequences), and
(v) General, Combinatorial, and Geometric  Group Theory (generalised
extension theory and a structure theory for groups acting on Lambda-trees).