[Turkmath:1092] GSU-matematik bölümü seminer duyurusu (Hironori Shiga)

Serap Gürer serapgurer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 06:34:33 UTC 2016

Degerli liste üyeleri,

Galatasaray Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü Seminerleri kapsaminda 9 Mart
çarsamba günü saat 15:00'da FEF 9 nolu sinifta
Hironori Shiga (Chiba Univ.) konusma yapacaktir.
Konusma ile ilgili bazi detaylar söyledir:

Baslik: A Sangaku problem and the arithmetic of a Kummer surface

Özet:    In this talk we make an argument on a Sangaku problem (that is a
traditional Japanese

mathematics), DesCartes’ four circles theorem and an arithmetic of a K3
surface.

The arithmetic of an elliptic curve is important in the number theory. It
is natural to

consider the similar problems for K3 surfaces. But we have very few vivid
problems in this

category.

We try to expose one of such problem coming from a classical tradition in
17th∼ 19th

century of mathematics in Europe and Japan.

That is also connected to the congruent number problem that has an origin
in the islamic

culture.

(∗) The Sangaku is an illustrated wooden plate of mathematical problem and
solution to

dedicate for a Buddhist temple or a Shinto shrine in Japan.

Saygılarımla

Serap Gürer
Galatasaray Üniversitesi
Matematik Bölümü