[Turkmath:1096] MSGSÜ Matematik Semineri, 10 Mart 2016, Laurence Barker

Kıvanç Ersoy ersoykivanc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 03:04:37 UTC 2016

Değerli liste üyeleri,

MSGSÜ Matematik Bölümü Genel Seminerleri'nde bu hafta konuşmacımız Bilkent
Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü'nden Laurence Barker.

Konuşma özeti ektedir.

Seminerde görüşmek üzere,

Kıvanç Ersoy

*MSGSÜ Mathematics Seminar*

Laurence Barker

*Gluing the twists of a block of a group algebra*

For a group algebra with coefficients in a field of prime characteristic p,
the representation
theory decomposes into the study of p-blocks. Empirically, it appears that,
up a finite amount of
information, much of behaviour of a block is determined by a p-subgroup
called the defect
group. Some of that finite information, apparently, is the fusion system, a
category which expresses some (usually not all) of the group conjugation
actions on the subgroups of the defect group. Incorporating a bit more
information, namely, some 2-cohomological twists on some of the
automorphism groups in that category, Puig and Linckelmann have
reformulated Alperin's Weight Conjecture as a p-local conjecture. The
reformulation depends on the existence of a solution to a problem called
the Gluing Problem. Puig has posted a manuscript on the existence. A paper
of Park exhibits a counter-example to uniqueness. However, we shall suggest
that the non-uniqueness is just a feature of a particular formulation of
the problem. We shall introduce a category which gives rise to a canonical
solution.

MSGSÜ, Bomonti Kampüsü,

Matematik Bölümü Seminer Odası.

10.03.2016, Perşembe, 16:00