[Turkmath:1261] Gebze Technical University, Department of Mathematics Colloquium

Tülay Yıldırım tyildirim at gtu.edu.tr
Mon May 2 05:41:35 UTC 2016

Sayın liste üyeleri,
Gebze Teknik Üniversitesi, Matematik Bölümü Genel Seminerleri kapsamında,
6 Mayıs Cuma günü saat 14:00'da Dr. Mehmet Akif ERDAL
(Bilkent Üniversitesi) Matematik Bölümü seminer salonunda bir seminer
verecektir. Seminerin detayları aşağıda olup tüm ilgilenenler davetlidir.
Başlık      :  On semigroup actions, inverse actions and Burnside ring
Özet        :  In this talk I will discuss new constructions of semigroup actions and monoid actions on sets via biactions, and introduce a method to invert such an action by using them. This point of view allow us to use homotopy theory in the category of semigroup actions, and allow us to construct Burnside ring of a monoid. I will show that for groups this Burnside ring coincides to the usual one, and will show that for a commutative monoid it is equivalent to Burnside ring of its Gröthendieck group. Finally, I will discuss some applications in Automata theory. This is a joint work with Özgün Ünlü.
Saygılarımızla,

Dear all,
There will be a seminar in Gebze Technical University  on 6st of
May by  Dr. Mehmet Akif ERDAL (Bilkent University)
Time  and  place:  At 14:00 in Department of Mathematics  Building I, Auditorium.

Title      :  On semigroup actions, inverse actions and Burnside ring
Abstract : In this talk I will discuss new constructions of semigroup actions and monoid actions on sets via biactions, and introduce a method to invert such an action by using them. This point of view allow us to use homotopy theory in the category of semigroup actions, and allow us to construct Burnside ring of a monoid. I will show that for groups this Burnside ring coincides to the usual one, and will show that for a commutative monoid it is equivalent to Burnside ring of its Gröthendieck group. Finally, I will discuss some applications in Automata theory. This is a joint work with Özgün Ünlü.