[Turkmath:2719] MSGSÜ Matematik Bölümü Semineri - Emine Yıldırım - 28.12.2017, 16:00

Ozgur Martin ozgurmartin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 22:54:41 UTC 2017

Sayın liste üyeleri,

Bugün,* 28 Aralık, Perşembe,* *16:00*'da MSGSÜ Matematik Bölüm
Seminerinde, Université
du Québec à Montréal'dan *Emine Yıldırım*, "*The Coxeter transformation on
cominuscule posets*" başlıklı bir konuşma verecektik. Konuşmanın özeti
aşağıdadır.

Seminerde görüşmek üzere,
Özgür Martin

*Başlık*: The Coxeter transformation on cominuscule posets

*Özet*: Let *P* be a cominuscule poset which can be thought of as a
parabolic analogue of the poset of positive roots of a finite root system.
Let *J(P)* be the poset of order ideals of *P*. In this talk, we will
investigate the periodicity of the Coxeter transformation on the poset
*J(P)*, and show that the Coxeter transformation has finite order for two
of the three infinite families of cominuscule posets, and the exceptional
cases. Our motivation comes from a conjecture by Chapoton which states that
the Coxeter transformation has finite order on the poset *J(R)* when *R* is
the poset of positive roots of a finite root system. Our solution is
formulated in representation theory of finite dimensional algebras, and we
will further discuss the results within the same context.