[Turkmath:3491] Bilkent Cebir Semineri - Laurence Barker - 24.12.2018

Bilkent Mathematics bilmath at fen.bilkent.edu.tr
Fri Dec 21 14:03:06 UTC 2018

Değerli liste üyeleri,

Bilkent Matematik Bölümü Cebir Seminerleri kapsamında 24 Aralık'ta Laurence
Barker konuşmacı olacaktır.

Laurence Barker (Bilkent)

"A refinement of the gluing conjecture"

Özet: The Gluing Conjecture, as stated in a 2004 paper of Linckelmann,
asserts that certain second-degree cohomology classes on the automorphism
groups of a certain category can be lifted to the whole category. In that
paper, Linckelmann raised the question not only of existence of the lift,
but also uniqueness. That of uniqueness was resolved in the negative by Park
in 2010. However, back in 1988, Puig had warned, in a more general context,
"... but it would be misleading to replace [the central extension] by [the
second-degree cohomology class] because non-trivial elements of [the
first-degree cohomology group] define non-trivial automorphisms of [the
central extension] which are the identity on [the second-degree cohomology
class]". We shall state a refined version of the conjecture that resurrects
the question of uniqueness. We shall explain why uniqueness holds in the
case of the Park example.

Tarih: 24 Aralık 2018 Pazartesi, 10:40 - 11:50

Bilkent Matematik Bölümü Seminer Odası SA - 141

Konuşma öncesinde çay-kurabiye ikramı yapılacaktır.
İlgilenen herkes davetlidir.

Bilkent Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü
https://twitter.com/Bilkent_math