[Turkmath:4122] GSU Matematik Bolumu Semineri

aysegul yildiz ulus ayildizulus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 13:09:09 UTC 2019

Sayın Liste Üyeleri,

9 Ekim 2019 Çarşamba günü bölümümüzde detayları aşağıda bulunan seminer
gerçekleşecektir. Dinlemek isteyen herkesi bekleriz.

Selamlar

A. Ulus

Konuşmacı: José Luis Cisneros Molina, *UNAM Mexico ve GSÜ*

Tarih ve saat: 9 Ekim 2019, saat:15.00

Yer: GSÜ Matematik Bölümü,  FEF 8

  Adres ve harita için link: http://www.gsu.edu.tr/Iletisim

*Başlık ve Özet: **Comparison of relative group homologies and invariants
of hyperbolic 3-manifolds*

Let G be a discrete group. It is well known that the homology groups of G
have both algebraic and topological definitions. Now consider a subgroup H
of G. In the literature there are two versions of relative homology groups
for the pair (G,H), the theory by Adamson generalizes in a natural way the
algebraic definition, while the theory by Takasu generalizes in a natural
way the topological definition. In the first part of the talk, we present
both theories, we give simple examples that show that these theories does
not coincide in general, and we give a sufficient condition on the subgroup
H in order that the two theories coincide.

In the second part of the talk, we define invariants of complete,
orientable, non-compact hyperbolic 3-manifolds of finite volume, in Adamson
relative homology groups. We explain the relation between these invariants
and the elements in Takasu relative homology groups given by Zickert, which
are used to define and invariant of such hyperbolic 3-manifolds in the
extended Bloch group defined by Neumann.