[Turkmath:4704] Seminar on December 9th, 2020, Department of Math, Istanbul University

TEMHA ERKOÇ YILMAZTÜRK erkoct at istanbul.edu.tr
Mon Dec 7 07:50:24 UTC 2020

Dear  all,

On 09.12.2020  at 13:00 p.m,  Assoc.Prof. Aybike Özer from  Istanbul
Technical University will give a talk  at weekly seminars in Mathematics
Department of Istanbul University. The title and the abstract are
below. The seminar will be held online via the Zoom program. Those who want
to participate should send an e-mail to "huseyinuysal at istanbul.edu.tr"  in
order to receive the Zoom meeting ID and Passcode.

*Title :*  *CLASSICAL YANG-BAXTER EQUATION EMERGING FROM THEORIES OF
GRAVITY*

*Abstract: *Given a Lie algebra with an endomorphism that satisfies the
Classical Yang-Baxter equation, one can construct a Lie bialgebra and its
Drinfeld double. On a group manifold with an ad-invariant metric, such an
endomorphism leads naturally to a Poisson structure. We will describe how
this Poisson structure can be utilized to construct O(d,d) and Spin(d,d)
transformations, that act on certain geometric theories of gravity as
solution generating transformations. If time allows, we will also talk
about the analogous story for Lie algebroids and Courant algebroids which,
in a certain sense, are Drinfeld doubles for Lie bialgebroids.

Best wishes

Temha

--
Lütfen
bu e-postayı yazdırmadan önce çevreye olan etkisini dikkate alınız.