[Turkmath:4663] Sabanci Algebra Seminar - Wed 11 Nov 2020 (13:40)

Michel Lavrauw mlavrauw at sabanciuniv.edu
Fri Nov 6 09:16:57 UTC 2020

Dear All,

You are cordially invited to the Algebra seminar on Wednesday Nov 11 at 13:40.

Speaker: Mohammad Sadek
Title:  Computing (Hyper)Elliptic Curves Over the Rationals.

Abstract:
The discriminant of a (hyper)elliptic curve encodes the primes of bad reduction of the curve. The number of isomorphism classes of (hyper)elliptic curves over a number field with the same discriminant is known to be finite. A more involved task is to count, if not list, all such isomorphism classes. In this talk, we survey old and recent results for elliptic curves. We also explain how one may tackle the same question for genus 2 curves.

To attend the meeting online, please use the following link.

https://sabanciuniv.zoom.us/j/91640295656?pwd=eVY1NzZ3UW8raTlsMk52aThkRjFjZz09 <https://sabanciuniv.zoom.us/j/91640295656?pwd=eVY1NzZ3UW8raTlsMk52aThkRjFjZz09>

Meeting ID: 916 4029 5656
Passcode: Algebra

Abstracts and forthcoming talks can be found on our webpage <http://people.sabanciuniv.edu/~mlavrauw/algebra_seminar/sas.html <http://people.sabanciuniv.edu/~mlavrauw/algebra_seminar/sas.html>>.