[Turkmath:4675] Bilkent Topology Seminer - Talk (Nov 23)

Cihan Okay cihan.okay at bilkent.edu.tr
Tue Nov 17 06:06:00 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Here is the information for our next topology seminar:

Time: Nov 23, 2020 @ 13:40 UTC+3
Speaker: Ozgur Bayindir
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/view/ozgurbayindir/home
Affiliation: University of Paris 13

Title: Algebraic $K$-theory of $THH(\mathbb{F}_p)$

Abstract: In this work, we study $THH(\mathbb{F}_p)$ from various
perspectives. We
start with a new identification of $THH(\mathbb{F}_p)$ as an $E_2$-algebra.
Following this, we compute the $K$-theory of $THH(\mathbb{F}_p)$.

The first part of my talk is going to consist of an introduction to
algebraic $K$-theory and the Nikolaus Scholze approach to trace methods.
In the second part, I will introduce our results and the tools we
develop to study the topological Hochschild homology of graded ring
spectra and formal differential graded algebras.

This is a joint work with Tasos Moulinos.

To see the upcoming talks visit: https://researchseminars.org/seminar/BilTop

I will send out the Zoom link on Monday.

Best,
Cihan