[Turkmath:5238] ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry Seminar-Zoom-494

Ali Sinan Sertöz sertoz at bilkent.edu.tr
Mon Nov 8 08:04:30 UTC 2021

*
*Welcome to the 2021 Fall talks of ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry
Seminars**
*****
**
/since 2000/
**
******=================================================================* *
**
This week the ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry Seminar
<http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/%7Esertoz/agseminar.htm>  is *Online.*

/This talk will begin at _*15:40*__(GMT+3)_/

*=================================================================*

**//
/Paul Gauguin (1848-1903)
/

**Speaker:Berkan Uze
**
**Affiliation: Boğaziçi
Title:A Glimpse of Noncommutative Motives

**
**Abstract:**The theory of motives was conceived as a universal
cohomology theory for algebraic varieties. Today it is a vast subject
systematically developed in many directions spanning algebraic geometry,
arithmetic geometry, homotopy theory and higher category theory.
Following ideas of Kontsevich, Tabuada and Robalo independently
developed a theory of “noncommutative” motives for DG-categories (such
as enhanced derived categories of schemes) which encompasses the
classical theory of motives and helps assemble so-called additive
invariants such as Algebraic K-Theory, Hochschild Homology and
Topological Cyclic Homology into a motivic formalism in the very precise
sense of the word. We will review the fundamental concepts at work,
which will inevitably involve a foray into the formalism of enhanced and
higher categories. We will then discuss Kontsevich’s notion of a
noncommutative space and introduce noncommutative motives as “universal
additive invariants” of noncommutative spaces. We will conclude by
offering a brief sketch of Robalo’s construction of the noncommutative
stable homotopy category, which is directly in the spirit of Voevodsky’s
original construction.