[Turkmath:5239] Koç Üniversitesi Mathematics Seminar - November 9th

Asgar Jamneshan AJAMNESHAN at ku.edu.tr
Mon Nov 8 08:27:19 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Please find below the details of this week's mathematics seminar at Koç. You are welcome to attend. Please write me an email to receive the zoom link.

Best regards,

Asgar Jamneshan

KOÇ UNIVERSITY MATH SEMINAR

Speaker          : Haydar Göral, İzmir Institute of Technology
Title                 : Classification of Quadratic Number Fields Using Diophantine Equations
Date                : Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Time               : 14:30-15:40
Place               : Hybrid (SCI 103, Zoom)
Abstract:
In this talk, we consider some Diophantine equations over number fields. Recall that a number field is a finite field extension of the field of rational numbers. We show that the finiteness of the set of all solutions of certain Diophantine equations determines quadratic number fields among all number fields. Along the way, we explain our motivation, we give many examples and relate the results to nonstandard analysis and arithmetic geometry.

Info: If you would like to attend the seminar online, please send an email to Asgar Jamneshan at ajamneshan at ku.edu.tr<mailto:ajamneshan at ku.edu.tr> for the Zoom link.

The Mathematics Seminar schedule can be found at https://mysite.ku.edu.tr/math-sci/ and https://researchseminars.org/seminar/kocuniversitymathseminar