[Turkmath:5226] Koç Üniversitesi Mathematics Seminar

Asgar Jamneshan AJAMNESHAN at ku.edu.tr
Sun Oct 31 14:50:59 UTC 2021

KOÇ UNIVERSITY MATH SEMINAR

****************************

Speaker           Pieter Spaas, UCLA

Title                 Group actions and equivalence relations

Date                 Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Time                17:30-18:40 (online)

Place                SCI 103

Abstract:

Group actions of a countable group on a measure space give rise to interesting dynamical systems, and studying the associated orbit equivalence relations has been the subject of a lot of study over many years. In this talk we will consider some natural constructions and discuss classification results for such equivalence relations. In particular, we will study how the behavior of certain central sequences implies structural results on the involved equivalence relations and their products. All necessary notions will be introduced during the talk. This is partially based on joint work with Adrian Ioana.

Info: If you would like to attend the seminar online, please send an email to Asgar Jamneshan at ajamneshan at ku.edu.tr<mailto:ajamneshan at ku.edu.tr> for the Zoom link.

The Mathematics Seminar schedule can be found at https://mysite.ku.edu.tr/math-sci/

Asgar Jamneshan, Department of Mathematics, Koç University