[Turkmath:5498] Symbolic Computation Istanbul Meetings (SCIM) - March 18

Türkü Özlüm Çelik turkuozlum at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 11:29:58 UTC 2022

Dear all,

This is to invite you to our upcoming SCIM talk. The talk,
as usual, will be accessible via zoom for online participation.

You may find the details of the talk below.
For further details and registration (required if you plan to attend
in person) please check https://alcyon-lab.gitlab.io/lab/scim.html.

*Speaker:* Emrah Sercan Yılmaz (Atılım University)
*Time:* March 18, 2022; 17:00 (Istanbul)
*Place:* Istanbul Matematiksel Bilimler Merkezi & Zoom

*Title:* Divisibility of L-Polynomials for a Family of Artin-Schreier Curves

*Abstract:* In this talk we consider the curves $C_k^{(p,a)}: y^p-y =
x^{p^k+1} + ax$
defined over $\mathbb F_p$ and give a positive answer to a conjecture about
a divisibility condition on $L$-polynomials of the curves $C_k^{(p,a)}$.
Our proof involves finding an exact formula for the number of
$\mathbb F_{p^n}$-rational points on $C_k^{(p,a)}$ for all $n$, and uses a
result
we proved elsewhere about the number of rational points on supersingular
curves.

*Zoom link: *
https://sfu.zoom.us/j/64536080348?pwd=cGZURkY2TDVBaXM5VW1JWTZXOHVyQT09

*Meeting ID:* 645 3608 0348