[Turkmath:5820] Feza Gursey Center for Physics and Mathematics-Higher Structures Seminars [no.12][Nov.08.2022]::Aaron Mazel-Gee(Caltech)

kazimilhan.ikeda kazimilhan.ikeda at boun.edu.tr
Tue Nov 1 04:07:23 UTC 2022

Dear all,

We would like to announce that Aaron Mazel-Gee (Caltech) will give a
talk in the "Higher
Structures Webinars" of Feza Gürsey Center for Physics and Mathematics.
PLEASE NOTE THE TIME!

TITLE: "Towards knot homology for 3-manifolds"

ABSTRACT:
The Jones polynomial is an invariant of knots in R^3. Following a
proposal of Witten, it was extended to knots in 3-manifolds by
Reshetikhin--Turaev using quantum groups.

Khovanov homology is a categorification of the Jones polynomial of a
knot in R^3, analogously to how ordinary homology is a categorification
of the Euler characteristic of a space. It is a major open problem to
extend Khovanov homology to knots in 3-manifolds.

In this talk, I will explain forthcoming work towards solving this
problem, joint with Leon Liu, David Reutter, Catharina Stroppel, and
Paul Wedrich. Roughly speaking, our contribution amounts to the first
instance of a braiding on 2-representations of a categorified quantum
group. More precisely, we construct a braided (∞,2)-category that
simultaneously incorporates all of Rouquier's braid group actions on
Hecke categories in type A, articulating a novel compatibility among
them.

DATE & TIME: Tuesday, November 08,2022, 18:00 Istanbul local time (07:00
Pasadena local time).

PLACE: Zoom

ZOOM LINK DETAILS:
Kazim Ilhan Ikeda is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Zoom link::Aaron Mazel-Gee's FGC Higher Structures Seminar.

Date and time:  Nov.08,2022 at 18:00 (Istanbul time)=07:00 (Pasadena
time).

Join Zoom Meeting
https://boun-edu-tr.zoom.us/j/99698950617?pwd=TGdHdGR2N1RtWkhFbXRUVHBFbVdkQT09