[Turkmath:5993] ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry Seminar-Zoom-521

Ali Sinan Sertöz sertoz at bilkent.edu.tr
Mon Feb 27 08:15:46 UTC 2023

*Welcome to the 2023 Spring talks of ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry
Seminars**
*
/since 2000/
**=================================================================**

This week the ODTU-Bilkent Algebraic Geometry Seminar
<http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~sertoz/agseminar.htm> is *online*

/This talk will begin at _*15:40*__ (GMT+3)_/
Please check your time difference between Ankara and your city here
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=ODT%C3%9C-Bilkent+Algebraic+Geometry+Seminar&iso=20230303T1540&p1=19>
*=================================================================*

**
/This 2 month old baby survived under the rubble for 128 hours before he
was saved at the recent earthquake./

**Speaker:Salvatore Floccani
<https://www.iag.uni-hannover.de/en/institute/people/salvatore-floccari/>
****Affiliation: /Hannover/****
Title:Sixfolds of generalized Kummer type and K3 surfaces

**
**Abstract:**
The classical Kummer construction associates a K3 surface to any
2-dimensional complex torus. In my talk I will present an analogue of
this construction, which involves the two most well-studied deformation
types of hyper-Kähler manifolds in dimension 6. Namely, starting from
any hyper-Kähler sixfold K of generalized Kummer type, I am able to
construct geometrically a hyper-Kähler manifold of K3[3]-type. When K
is projective, the associated variety is birational to a moduli space of
sheaves on a uniquely determined K3 surface. As application of this
construction I will show that the Kuga-Satake correspondence is
algebraic for many K3 surfaces of Picard rank 16.