[Turkmath:4721] Seminar on December 25, 2020 via Google Meet

Mehmet Akif Erdal mehmet.erdal at yeditepe.edu.tr
Thu Dec 24 22:17:08 UTC 2020

Dear list members,

You are most cordially invited to the seminar organized by the Department
of Mathematics, Yeditepe University

Title: Pure Things

Speaker: Noyan Fevzi Er (Dokuz Eylül University)

Abstract: This will be a down-to-earth that talk aims to spark interest,
especially among young researchers, in a notion at the crossroads of
several fields of algebra, including representation theory of algebras,
abelian group theory and ring theory; namely purity. However, whatever the
path it may have followed historically, we will derive our motivation from
a subject accessible to pretty much everyone with a basic understanding of
linear algebra: systems of linear equations.