[Turkmath:5648] (no subject)

Allaberen Ashyralyev aallaberen at gmail.com
Fri May 27 06:52:13 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues!

You are cordially invited to the Weekly Online Seminar “Analysis and
Applied Mathematics” on

Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Time: 14.00-15.00 (Istanbul) = 13.00-14.00 (Ghent) = 17.00-18.00 (Almaty)

Zoom link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6678270445?pwd=SFNmQUIvT0tRaH-lDaVYrN3l5bzJVQT09,
Conference ID: 667 827 0445, Access code: 1

Speaker: Prof. Dr. Tunç Mısırlıoğlu
Istanbul Kültür University, Istanbul, Turkey
 Title: Modulus of Non-SemiCompact Convexity
  Abstract: The talk will consist of two parts. In the first part we
develop the cornerstone the-orem given in [2, Proposition 2.1], which
states that for a Banach lattice E with order contin-uous norm if D is a
PL-compact subset of E then χ(D)=ρ(D), by showing that if a Banach lattice
F has the positive Schur property then ρ(D)= ω(D) for any norm bounded
subset D of F. Here, χ, ρ, and ω are the Hausdorff measure of
non-compactness, the measure of non-semicompactness introduced in [2], and
the measure of weak non-compactness, respectively. Secondly, we in-troduce
the notion of the modulus of non-semicompact convexity in Banach lattices
defined with the help of the measure of non-semicompactness in Banach
lattices. We extend the results obtained in [1] by showing that the modulus
of non-semicompact convexity is continu-ous and has some extra properties
in reflexive Banach lattices.