[Turkmath:6285] Gebze Teknik Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü Genel Seminerleri

GTU Mathematics mathgtu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:40:52 UTC 2023

Sayin Liste Uyeleri,

Gebze Teknik Üniversitesi (GTU) Matematik Bölümü Genel Seminerleri
kapsamında, 1 Aralık Cuma günü saat 14:00'te Dr. Ezgi Kantarcı Oğuz
(Galatasaray Üniversitesi) bir seminer verecektir. Seminerin detayları
aşağıda olup tüm ilgilenenler davetlidir.

Saygılarımızla.

Dear all,

There will be a seminar in Gebze Technical University (GTU) on 1st of
December by Dr. Ezgi Kantarcı Oğuz (Galatasaray University).

Time and place: At 14:00 in Department of Mathematics, Lecture Room 5

Title: Oriented Posets and Rank Matrices

Abstract: Fence posets are combinatorial objects that come up in a variety
of settings, including cluster algebras, quiver representations, snake
graphs and continued fractions. We will show that the rank polynomials
corresponding to these posets are unimodal, proving a conjecture by
Ovsienko and Morier-Genoud. We will introduce the more generalized
framework of oriented posets where rank polynomials are replaced with rank
matrices, and show applications in cluster algebras and polytopes.
Partially based on joint work with Cem Yalım Özel, Mohan Ravichandran and
Emine Yıldırım.